Handling of Personal Information
SUMCO Corporation and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” respectively and hereinafter collectively referred to as the ”SUMCO Group”) will protect personal information based on the following policies.
- 1. The Company will handle personal information in compliance with the laws, regulations and other standard related to the protection of personal information.
- 2. The Company will acquire the personal information following proper and fair procedures, and will use the acquired personal information only for the purposes of use.
The Company will use the personal information only for the purposes as described below, in addition to the purposes which are notified on an individual basis when acquiring.
- • To fulfill contractual or statutory obligations and to exercise contractual or statutory rights against business partners, etc.
- • To communicate, cooperate and negotiate with business partners, etc.
- • To investigate, prepare records and file notices, reports and other documents with government offices pursuant to laws, ordinances and other regulations
- • To develop and offer better products and services
- • To provide useful information and various event information to business partners, etc.
- • To provide notices to shareholders and perform other administrative affairs related to shareholders, and fulfill the Company’s responsibility related to the exercise of shareholders’ rights
- • To respond to inquiries from shareholders and investors, etc. and provide other information
- • To carry out internship, recruitment selection, management of job applicants and other recruitment activities
- • To achieve other legitimate purposes
- 4. The Company will strive for personal information security management and take necessary measures in order to prevent the illegal access to the personal information, and loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of the personal information.
Except in the following cases, the Company will not disclose or provide the personal information to any third party.
- • Cases in which the principal has given a prior consent to the disclosure or provision;
- • Cases in which the disclosure or provision is based on laws and regulations;
- • Cases in which the disclosure or provision is necessary for protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain consent of the principal;
- • Cases in which the disclosure or provision is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain consent of the principal;
- • Cases in which the disclosure or provision is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining consent of the principal might impede the execution of the operations concerned;
- • Cases in which the personal information is disclosed or provided accompanied with business succession caused by a merger or other reason; and
- • Cases in which there is legitimate grounds for disclosure or provision
- 6. When disclosing or providing any third party with the personal information, the Company will prevent leakage and further provision by the third party by imposing a contractual obligation thereon, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- 7. In case that the Company entrusts trustees with handling of the personal information, the Company will take appropriate measures to make trustees securely handle such personal information within the services entrusted.
The Company may only share and use necessary information within the SUMCO Group companies as described below when it is necessary to do so to achieve the purposes of use that the Company notified the principal or publicly announced.
- Items of the personal information used jointly:
Name, Company Name, Affiliation, Position, Address, Phone Number, Sex, Age, Mail Address
- Scope of the joint users:
SUMCO Corporation Group Companies
- Purposes for which the personal information is used by the joint users:
Same as the purpose of use at the Company
- Name of the entity responsible for the management of the personal information:
- Items of the personal information used jointly:
If the principal requests disclosure, correction, cease of utilization or deletion of its personal information, the Company responds to such requests to the reasonable extent after the identification of such principal. Complaints regarding the handling of personal information by the Company should be lodged with the department which acquired the personal information.
In case that you are not sure where to contact, please call General Affairs Department of SUMCO Corporation (Phone: +81-3-5444-0808, Fax: +81-3-5444-0809).
- 10. The Company will continue to review details of this policy, and to improve it.