TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
These terms and conditions of use (hereinafter referred to as these “Terms”) apply to this website as managed and operated by SUMCO CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) (and refers to all pages displayed under the domain corresponding to http://www.sumcosi.com/ as well as all subdomains thereunder; hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
1. Agreeing to these Terms
- Make sure you read these Terms when browsing, accessing, or using the Website (hereinafter collectively referred to as “use” or “using”).
- Please refrain from using the Website if you do not agree to these Terms.
- By using the Website, you will be deemed in all cases to have agreed to these Terms.
- Periodically check these Terms because they are subject to change. Changes to these Terms shall be deemed to take effect upon being posted to the Website. If you continue to use the Website after these Terms as revised have been posted, you will consequently be deemed to have agreed to these Terms in their revised form and be bound thereto without limitation or restriction.
2. Points to keep in mind when using the Website
- While the Company has taken the utmost care in posting information to the Website, it cannot assume any responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, sufficiency, usefulness, reliability, or completeness of the information.
- The Company neither assumes any obligation to pay reparations or handle complaints nor shall the Company be held otherwise liable whatsoever for any losses arising from any error or incompleteness in information posted on this Website or from the use or misuse thereof, as well as any damage arising from downloading files or other such actions.
- No responsibility whatsoever shall be assumed for ensuring that the Website or host server is not infected with a computer virus or other harmful agent.
- In no case shall the Company assume any obligation for updating information on the Website.
- In principle, the Company shall revise, delete, or otherwise modify the information on the Website without notice.
- The Company may suspend or discontinue publication of the Website due to unavoidable circumstances.
- The Company neither assumes any obligation to pay reparations or handle complaints nor shall the Company be held otherwise liable whatsoever for any losses arising from changes or deletions of the information on the Website or the suspension or discontinuation of the publication of the Website.
3. Copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights
- The content posted on the Website (including text and documents, images, video pictures, sounds, and programs; hereinafter referred to as the “Content”) belong to the Company.
You are prohibited from copying, altering, distributing, publishing, downloading, uploading, posting, or sending all or part of the Content without the prior written permission of the Company. Submit an inquiry using the Contact Form below if you wish to use the Content.
- The Sumco brand name, Sumco trademark, Sumco logo mark, names of Sumco products and services, and other intellectual property rights as they appear on the Website constitute trademarks, registered trademarks, or other forms of intellectual property rights belonging to the Company and may not be used without permission from the Company.
4. Linking to the Website
The prior written permission of the Company must be obtained when linking to the Website or to any part of the Website. Apply for permission by submitting the Contact Form.
- With respect to methods of linking, clearly indicate that the Website is a website provided by the Company; you are prohibited from employing a frame-based approach that would render unclear the fact that the Website is provided by the Company or from linking to individual pages or files or to only some of the Content.
- Linking from websites that cast aspersions on or damage the reputation of the Company or its products and services and from websites that post or otherwise provide unlawful content is prohibited.
- The Company neither assumes any obligation to pay reparations or handle complaints nor shall the Company be held otherwise liable whatsoever for any losses sustained by a client or third party or damage caused to a website or hardware arising from a link to the Website.
5. Caution regarding links to external websites
- In some cases, the Website may include links to websites managed and operated by parties other than the Company. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for determining whether said links are appropriate or for ensuring the accuracy, sufficiency, usefulness, reliability, or completeness of the information posted on such websites.
6. External links to the Website
- In some cases, parties other than the Company may link to the Website under circumstances that are unrelated to the Company. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for determining whether such links are appropriate or for ensuring the accuracy, sufficiency, usefulness, reliability, or completeness of the information posted on the websites from which such links originate.
- The Company shall not be construed to have guaranteed or recommended information, products, or services provided or posted on websites from which such links originate and assumes no liability whatsoever for any losses or damage arising from the use of websites from which such links originate.
7. Prohibited actions
The following actions are prohibited:
- Actions that violate or encroach upon the property, rights, credit, reputation, or privacy of the Company or third party;
- Actions that impede the management or operations of the Website;
- Actions by which harmful computer programs, information, or other such items are used, sent, or uploaded;
- Actions that contravene statutes, corresponding regulations, or other such provisions;
- Actions that the Company otherwise deems to be inappropriate.
8. Governing law
- The use of the Website shall be governed by Japanese law. The Tokyo District Court shall be deemed to constitute the agreed exclusive jurisdictional court of first instance for any disputes pertaining to the use of the Website.
9. Other matters
- The failure on the part of the Company to exercise or otherwise maintain rights available to it under these Terms shall not be construed to grant other parties an exemption from the application of said rights or applicable provisions.